Monday, July 8, 2013

Thai Express | Thai Food

Thai Express! 

Ordered the Red curry with home made Thai Pita bread - something like our Roti Prata. Taste is alright but it's pretty oily(see picture) but the presentation is nice. I wanted to have something more Thai, like their Phad Thai or the Woon Sen which I love but time to try something new as well!



Also got the Thai Chendol, I think it's $6.80! It's quite a thirst quencher, sweet coconut milk with green jelly, red ruby (yay) and jackfruit on top! It looks pretty messy in the picture right :( but that was how it was served. Messy but yummy. 


We also ordered another dish - Basil beef rice! I didn't try it because I don't really eat beef but my other diners said its spicy!!! That dish was a "2-chili" dish (they will state the level of spiciness in the menu, just beside the name of the dish)


(photo credits to Yuewen)


And a dessert but I don't really like it, rather diluted & doesn't look like the picture on the menu :( but the red chewy jelly is so unique and bouncy texture- quite expensive though for a small cup! 

Service quite alright just that they are a little slow when we called for the bill and we saw the staff playing around while clearing the other tables, splattering water around and laughing, when the restaurant is like so busy :((

My diners said we should try another Thai restaurant which is much nicer/authentic, shall blog about it when I go there! 


Ambience: 6/10
Food: 6/10
Service: 5/10
Overall: 6/10


302 Tiong Bahru Road
Tiong Bahru Plaza
#02-09/10
11:30am-10:00pm Daily