Monday, July 8, 2013

HOOD BAR & CAFE

It was a FRIDAY, my girl friend and I went to a place she wanted to go to, Hood Bar & Cafe, which was located at bugis+.

We had dinner there, she ordered a mojito I've no idea what it was but she likes the drink :)



Got their 99 balloon pizza (pepperoni with cheese and chili) I tried a little and kinda spicy cos' I accidentally ate the chili part but the crust is crispy I can practically hear her crunching on them *cracking sound* so if you like crispy thin crust, you can order their pizzas, there are other flavors, I think the char siew one looks so good.




We also got their prawn paste wings (har-cheong gai that we all love and always order when we are eating in a Chinese restaurant or Zi-char) - not too bad, 8 pieces for $12 but I think the taste is not too prominent to taste like those ordered from Chinese stalls, they were served pipping hot & quite crispy though, and they do have chili sauce dips for you.

I decided to get their 10" dawgs. Mine was Purple Haze Dawg, you get to choose if you want beef, pork or lamb meat. I got the pork.



The dawg is 10 inches man, it's like 25cm, the entire length of a small ruler, thick as well, & topped with mushrooms and cheese, could do with more mushrooms and cheese though!  

Although I almost couldn't finished it, the fries that came along with it was awesome!!! we were contemplating whether to order more of their fries, thick cut, crispy outside and soft on the inside😋 Fries is a must when you go there okay...🍴



Overall, it's great experience, there's also entertainment, at about 7:30pm, there were two singers up on stage and started to sing, various kinds of songs sang, Cantonese, English and Chinese, you can also dedicate songs to your love ones/friends etc. 

You can also throw darts, they've this virtual machine thing for you to throw magnetic darts! Come early and request to seat at the bean bags area if you'd like :)

Ambience: 7/10
Food: 7/10
Service: 6/10
Overall: 7/10

Hood Bar and Cafe - Live Music
201 Victoria Street #05-07, S188067
Bugis+
Monday - Tuesday 5pm-1am
Wednesday - Friday 5pm-3am
Saturday 12pm-3am
Sunday 12pm-1am