Wednesday, May 22, 2013

EVERYTHING WITH FRIES

HEY!!!


I foresee that the food posts are going to be more and more frequently shown now, especially since now I have free time on hand to blog as well as try new food with my food buddies. Some post may not be recent, it may just be a simple food review of a cafe/restaurant/food I had tried about I would like to talk about and recommend you guys to try it :) Yummy and good food needs to be shared!



 Well, this post would be on EVERYTHING WITH FRIES, I think many of you would have tried it before, I have not tried it so I decided to go with one of my girlfriends who hasn't tried it too, she had the Battered Fish Sandwich and I got the Char-grilled Char Siew. 


For the starter, both of us got the one-egg special soup which taste really good, I am impressed that it is only made using 1 egg, how is it even possible wow, the soup was light, salty and flavourful, I love the egg crumbs on top, really added texture to the soup, a must-try.




The one egg soup!
(House special made just using ONE egg)



 Char-grilled Char Siew
(Handrolled Por Belly roulade, char-grilled with garlic sauce)



Battered Fish Sandwich 
(Battered white fish, handmade mushroom cheese sauce)


Honestly, I am not a meat lover but I like pork belly, like from those hawker stalls, pork belly rice, hence I decided to be go ahead and ordered the pork belly roulade


The first few bites were heavenly, the fat from the pork belly is juicy and all, it's the kind that melts in your mouth, the meat is succulent, but being a person who does not really like meat, this is good enough to make me like it, portion is huge, because I couldn't finish it :( I didn't finish the shoe-string fries as well (we both got the herbs topping).


My friend got the fish sandwich, the batter is crispy and inside the white flesh is super soft, might consider getting the white fish next time if I do go back.

Consider going there with your friends, for a simple gathering, oh and yes they do have desserts, like cupcakes, cakes etc, never got to try as it was getting late & we were both stuffed.  



Bugis Junction 

200 Victoria Street #04-05 Singapore
Tel: 6338 0135